We’re looking for a digital designer to deliver amazing online experiences. You will be an integral part of a small team based in our Chester studio. You will work closely with our heads of creative and web development, bridging the gap between these two skill sets, from concept design to finished product.
You will have demonstrable experience of responsive, component driven web design, preferably within a design agency. You will have expertise in UX / UI design, site mapping and wire-framing with a good understanding of accessibility and SEO.
You will be comfortable working in a collaborative environment, and enjoy working closely with clients. It goes without saying that you will be a talented individual with excellent organisational skill and are passionate about what you do.
You will play a crucial role in fine-tuning our development processes, ultimately taking responsibility for all our designs for web. We are always looking for ways to continue to innovate and expand our offering. This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for a talented digital designer to help shape our future.
- Creating beautiful, brand-led, user focused website designs
- Designing the look, feel, and interactivity of our websites
- Interpreting design briefs and liaising closely with clients to really get to know their product or service.
- Presenting concept designs directly to clients
- Taking an active role in discovery sessions and brand values workshops
- Wireframing and planning information architecture to establish structure, flow and enhance usability
- Mapping out meaningful user journeys and ensuring positive experiences for site visitors
- Using Figma to create and adapt bespoke designs for new and existing clients
- Creating component driven designs that allow for an efficient, streamlined build.
- Advising on and carrying out site testing
- Ensuring you stay up to date with the latest web standards and keeping up to date with digital innovations, the latest web standards and competitors in order to provide and implement forward looking, innovative ideas.
- Implementing accessibility best practices including understanding different user needs
- Supporting the team in proposals, pitches, costing work and client presentations
- Using our project management software (Asana) to manage your workload and prioritise tasks
- Accurately estimating and tracking time spent, to ensure efficient production
- Collaborating closely with designers, developers, copywriters, and other stakeholders in order to meet project goals within the agreed deadlines
- Leading on a project in autonomy when required
- Partnering with clients long-term to evolve their online presence
- Working on existing projects, editing and upgrading them with consistency based on given brand guidelines
- Building strong relationships within the wider team through regular and clear communication and a collaborative approach to work.
- Experience working in an agency environment
- A portfolio of previous digital design work to showcase your process and creativity.
- Demonstrable experience in creating user-focused UI / UX designs
- A love for designing websites and digital experiences
- A sharp eye and attention to detail
- Familiarity with brand guidelines and experience in applying them to create excellent design systems, with accessibility in mind
- Ability to understand user challenges and come up with creative, user-centred solutions
- Confidence to take the lead on projects and in presenting to clients
- A collaborative approach and positive attitude
- Highly motivated and engaged, with excellent communication skills
- A curiosity that queries briefs and is always looking to improve our output
- A high level of proficiency in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Problem-solving and willing to learn new technologies or skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Understanding of CSS / HTML preferred
- Understanding of how to create prototypes to illustrate UX behaviours
About the location
The role will be within our studio in the heart of Chester City Centre. Stride is dedicated to providing a friendly, relaxed, safe, fulfilling and fair workspace. We highly value working together, in the same creative space, believing this generates a more collaborative environment and a stronger sense of team.
- 30 days holiday plus an extra day off on your birthday
- An extra days holiday for each year of employment (up to 35 days)
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- A competitive salary
Why work at Stride
- Become an integral member of a team
- Produce meaningful and rewarding work
- Find solutions for friendly clients
- Have time to immerse yourself in projects
- No hurdles, implement change quickly
- Build trust with clients through face to face interactions
- Creative studio space in the heart of Chester city centre
- Work with passionate and friendly colleagues
- Learn from an experienced team
Dependent on experience
Send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com
No recruitment agencies please.